The Media & Me



The media has played a massive role in my life, with being introduced to  it at such a young age I think it personally has shaped me to the person I am today.

The first experience I had with media was the tv, which helped to broaden my knowledge by bringing my imagination to life. Watching shows such as "Little Einsteins" each episode consisted of a mission and journey of discovery that included a celebrated piece of classical music and a renowned work of art or world culture.

As I got older i was introduced to teen magazines these were filled with the latest gossip and fashion trends. Not only were they good for those reasons they were especially good for relatable stories about real girls facing the challenges of growing up, such as bullying, school and typical girl problems.

Now i'm at that age of where social media is apart of 98% of all teenagers life's . The problems of social media for both boys and girls are the fake images of people saying this is how we "should look." Others say that teens don't do enough exercise because they are spending all their time on there phones which isn't true. I spend about 4 hours on my phone per school day, for rest of the 8 hours of the day i'm at school, doing homework or an activity like swimming or cheerleading. At night before bed I like to watch the news to hear whats happening around the world and locally, we are naturally curious as humans. It is normal that we would like to know more about the world and what is going on in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluate the relevance of Todorov's theory of narratology to long form TV drama

Dear Moderator