The Jungle book 1967 vs 2016

The Characters.

 The "Wolf" family, were actually given individual personalities!

Starting of with Mowgli,  I find Sean's Mowgli more enduring and likeable, Baloo, still like him in both versions, just prefer the old one as he's got more of a character and is more funny.Also Baloo in the 1967 version is more child friendly as some kids got quite scared at some points of Baloo's appearances. Bagheera, is a tie, as I like both versions equally.
New movie for the win! Raksha is stronger and better in the new (seriously in the original she doesn't even get a line!) Grey. Well I don't even think he appears in the original soooo. Ra... Ale...Dra...Father Wolf.  Was in the film! Remember that one wolf at the end who was helping a pup learn the wolf code? That's him!.... Yeah as you may guess I give it to the original.

The Villains 

Shere khan is good in both versions, featuring great voice actors, however I have to say I kind of prefer the original. Kaa,! The voice done by scarlet Johansen was amazing ! Lastly king louie, who I find more enjoyable in the new movie.

The Actors voices 

By far the actors voices were far more amazing in the 2016 version.
Mowgli is played by Bruce Reitherman/Neel Seithi, Bagheera is played by Sebastian Cabot/Ben Kingsley, Phil Harris/Bill Murray as Baloo, Louis Prima and Christopher walken as King louie, George Sanders and Idris Elba as Shere Khan, Sterling Holloway/Scarlet Johansen as Kaa, and finally John Abbot and Giancarlo Esposito as Akela

The Songs

The only songs the new movie has are "bear nessesities" and "I want to be like you " and while I think the latter of the two is ok. But I prefer all the original music in the original film.





http://screenprism.com/insights/article/how-does-the-tone-style-and-structure-of-the-jungle-book-2016-differ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluate the relevance of Todorov's theory of narratology to long form TV drama

Dear Moderator